Day 53: Fri 10 May 24 - Rockingham - @KJ's

Fri 10 May 24 - Rockingham - @KJ's

A very mild night at 19 Deg C, cloudy and N to NW winds reaching 30 km/h and 26 Deg C. A late storm passed on both sides of us at Warnbro at about 5:00pm, providing some great shots at the beach. 130kms to the south in Bunbury though, the storm (more like a tornedo wreaked havoc ripping roofs from buildings and causing widespread damage). Thankfully it missed us.

Today we both woke very tired, so we had a very slow day. Nothing too exciting. In the morning we booked tickets for a day on Rottnest Island tomorrow leaving from Fremantle, followed by a brew at a nice cafe in nearby Safety Bay, then some grocery shopping to prepare some meals to freeze for when we hit the road again. I also called to get an update on the Ranger today, and was advised they are still waiting on some parts, so don't expect repairs to be completed before late Tuesday. Fingers crossed there is no other hidden damage. I also contacted a mobile RV repairman to call past the caravan to check out the faulty fridge and he arrived at 3:15pm, but left unable to identify or rectify the fault (although it hasn't played up again since Monday. He did a few checks and eliminated few potential issues (eg. damaged circuit board and loose wires), and concluded it may be a gas related issue (even though it also plays up on 240V). He seems to think it is a faulty thermocouple but he will make a few calls to discuss with some experts and get back to me on Monday. Instead of charging the quoted $150 callout fee, he only charged $100. He also indicated the faulty gas stove burner (1 of 3) is certain to be a faulty thermocouple  because other burners are working (Please note Greg/Wendy!!). He said he could replace it but needed to buy the necessary part. I wasn't worried about that today, but may get him to repair it if he returns to fix the fridge issue next week. After he left, I went for a walk along Warnbro Beach where I bumped into Pete LeScelle on the beach (photographer and friend of Kingsley's) photographing the sunset and amazing sky. I joined him for while and also had some fun taking photos - my first for the day. I arrived back at the van just after 6:00pm, then Noel and I had dinner and an early night, for an early start in the morning. (Extra large photos tonight because I thought they were extra nice, and there's not many).

Sunset and Storms - Warnbro Beach

Sunset and Storms - Warnbro Beach

Sunset and Storms - Warnbro Beach

Sunset and Storms - Warnbro Beach

Sunset and Storms - Warnbro Beach

Sunset and Storms - Warnbro Beach

Sunset and Storms - Warnbro Beach

Sunset and Storms - Warnbro Beach


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 109: Fri 05 Jul 24 - Merghiny Gravel Pit (Ceduna) to Port Augusta

Day 111: Sun 07 Jul 24 - Clare

Day 11: Fri 29 Mar 24 (Good Friday) - Madura Pass to Norseman