Day 56: Mon 13 May 24 - Rockingham - @KJ's

Mon 13 May 24 - Rockingham - @KJ's  

19 Deg C, overcast and a slight ENE Breeze, remaining mostly cloudy and reaching 28 Deg C with a gentle E breeze.

I woke at 06:00 to a lovely morning which was quickly ruined by noticing the Dometic fridge wasn't working again, this time it took much more effort to get it going. Today can be summed up as a day of increasing frustration with the ongoing fridge issues and waiting for the car to be fixed. After breakfast, I set off to find a caravan service and repair yard to resolve the fridge issue. I headed straight for the most reputable one, and they very knowledgeable and professional, and seemed to understand what the issue might be, but said that they could not look at the van for 3-4 weeks. They also suggested I consider taking it to an 'authorised' Dometic repairer located north of Perth, but not having a tow tug excluded that option. I also much prefer to have it fixed while we are waiting around for the car to be fixed if i can. As such, I left to find another repairer just a few km away. They also suggested I take it to the same 'authorised' Dometic repairer north of Perth, as they indicated it would be mid June before they could look at it. After I explained my predicament and the fridge problem in more detail, Jim the owner became a little more receptive to helping me out sooner. He said he was 99% certain the problem is a faulty circuit board which can be replaced relatively quickly. He indicated that if he can get hold of one, it would only take an hour to replace and tes.  I left the fridge model details with Jim, and he said he would enquire about availability and cost of a replacement circuit board and get back to me.  I am hoping to receive that advice tomorrow. Subject to availability and cost, all I have to do is take the van in when I have the car back. If the part is available before I get the car back, Nick from down the road has offered to take the van in to be fixed sooner (about 10km away). 

Back at the van, I was starting to feel like I had made some progress. Noel and I had a late morning coffee, then drove into Warnbro shopping centre to get our free (in WA) Flu vaccinations. While getting our jabs, we discussed the latest alarming surge in COVID cases with the Pharmacist, and decided we would return tomorrow to get COVID vaccination #5 as well. Before returning to the van, Noel bought some groceries to cook and freeze some handy meals for when we eventually hit the road again. Back at the van, Noel kept herself occupied all afternoon cleaning and washing, while I went for a pleasant bike ride (the highlight of the day). At 4:00pm I called Ford for an update on the car repairs, and they indicated they are still hopeful to have it ready by midday Wednesday / early Thursday, assuming there are no other issues 🤞...

The rest of the day was very uneventful, and I only have two very uninteresting images for today's post. At least I get to have an early night.

Lowlight of the day - The culprit


Highlight of the day - A pleasant coastal ride on a beautiful sunny afternoon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 109: Fri 05 Jul 24 - Merghiny Gravel Pit (Ceduna) to Port Augusta

Day 111: Sun 07 Jul 24 - Clare

Day 11: Fri 29 Mar 24 (Good Friday) - Madura Pass to Norseman