Mon 06 May 24 - Rockingham
12 (although it felt much fresher) to 21 Deg C, mostly clear and a sunny day with very little wind. Another magnificent day of weather. Waking this morning, I not only had the car issues kicking around in my head, but the fridge had also shutdown again overnight. I removed the cover, wriggled some wires and it was thankfully quickly sorted. With plans to go to Fremantle this morning for breakfast, the car issues would have to wait until this afternoon to be dealt with. After a couple of early calls, Noel and I were collected by KJ and his Mum Edna to take us to Fremantle where we met up with ex-Navy colleagues for breakfast at a bit of a quirky venue near the Fremantle Ports. It was fantastic catching up with ex-ship mate Rob Freedman and mutual ex-Navy mate and Clearance Diver Jim Coubrough. Having time with this group of funny buggers pushed any thoughts about the car and caravan issues well into the back of my mind. It was wonderful catching up with them again.
After a great catch up and a fairly nice breakfast, KJ, Edna Noel and I let Rob and Jim get back to work, while we walked to the Maritime Museum for a visit. After our museum visit, we went for a stroll around the port area, then drove a short distance to the Coogee Common Gardens restaurant for a very nice lunch. Set amongst 2 acres of vegetable gardens on the grounds of the former Coogee Hotel, established 1894, gardeners employ organic processes to tend to the market garden, berry patch, grapevine, orchard, and beehives which provides 80% of the produce for the kitchen. Check it out: Coogee Common. Lunch was exquisite, and the experience was made even more pleasurable by sitting at a window looking out over the garden in the warm sun shine.
After lunch, KJ and Edna dropped Noel and I back at the caravan park in Rockingham where I turned my attention to making phone calls to arrange roadside assistance for the car. Timely inspection discovered a cooked alternator, but the source of the front end oil leak could not be determined. In any case, following subsequent calls, the car will be towed to the local Ford dealer tomorrow morning, hopefully to be inspected before the end of the week. They indicated that they are at capacity until the end of next week, so I am a little concerned about how long it might take (dependant on what they find, and availability of parts). I am also hoping it is all covered under warranty. As we have to leave the caravan park tomorrow (no sites available), I then turned my attention to arranging a tow truck to relocate the caravan. KJ and Edna are heading overseas tonight for a week's holiday, and he has kindly let us park and stay at his house until we get our car sorted out. Nothing personal, but I'm hoping we are gone by the time they return - but I'm not confident.
I had a nice birthday today with Noeleene and long time good friends, but it could have been so much nicer without the stress of dealing with more car issues. It was a bit hard for me to take this afternoon, but as I was reminded, at least we're safe and not stuck on the side of a remote road somewhere. We also have somewhere safe to stay until it's sorted. Tomorrow is another day.
 |
| Tasty Breakfast |
 |
| Good friends make everything better - Jim, Rob Noel and Edna |
 |
| Savouring a cup of tea |
 |
| Walking through Fremantle to the Maritime Museum |
 |
Fremantle Maritime Museum
|
 |
| Fremantle Maritime Museum |
 |
| Fremantle Maritime Museum |
 |
| Fremantle Maritime Museum |
 |
| Fremantle Maritime Museum |
 |
| Fremantle Maritime Museum - Noel under Australia 2 |
 |
| Fremantle Maritime Museum |
 |
| Fremantle Maritime Museum |
 |
| Fremantle Port |
 |
| Fremantle Port - Leeuwin II Sail Training Ship |
 |
| Fremantle Port |
 |
Fremantle Port - Leeuwin II Sail Training Ship
|
 |
| Coogee Market Garden Restaurant | - Market Garden |
 |
| Coogee Market Garden Restaurant | - Market Garden |
|
 |
| Coogee Market Garden Restaurant | - Market Garden
|
 |
| Coogee Market Garden Restaurant | - Market Garden
|
 |
| Coogee Market Garden Restaurant |
|
 |
| Coogee Market Garden Restaurant - Grilled Octopus | with Kipfler, red capsicum and olives.
|
 |
| Coogee Market Garden Restaurant |
|
Comments
Post a Comment