Day 60: Fri 17 May 24 - Rockingham - @KJ's
Fri 17 May 24 - Rockingham - @KJ's
15 to 28 Deg C, clear with gentle SE breeze all day - another glorious day....spoiled by ongoing car and caravan issues. Lets just say the day did not go to plan. We were up early, packed and had van at the Rockingham RV on time by 08:30am. There were two PCU components to be replaced, one external and the other the main display board on the front of the fridge which required the removal of both fridge and freezer doors to instal. Essentially replacing he PCU was a waste of time and money ($375 for the part and $140 for one hour's labour), because it didn't fix anything. The fridge continues to cut out and can only be restarted by wriggling a few wires to trigger a response behind the fridge. Despite being told by two RV repair businesses that the issue was 99% likely to be PCU, it clearly isn't. I knew it was a risk which I accepted and unfortunately I have to accept. We returned to KJ's to set up again at the front of his house, and after a much needed caffeine fix I called Dometic to do some more fault finding. They essentially suggested it might be a reset or relay switch which I initially had trouble locating. Time was getting away from me, and I also wanted to call Canberra to get advice on what to do with the leaking car fuel water sensor before they close for the weekend. Ford wouldn't touch it given it's an aftermarket product. It was suggested that I remove the water watch, so after a bit more research and a couple of trips to Repco to buy a fuel line joiner (first one was the wrong size), I successfully removed the sensor and reconnected the fuel line. So the Ute is now good to go. Normally I would have felt pretty good about myself doing such a job, but I still had a fridge issue to deal with. By the time I called Dometic again to confirm the part that I thought they were talking about, and to check availability of a replacement, they had already closed for the weekend. So we will likely need to stay another few days in Rockingham until I can either get the part or have it replaced. Needless to say, it was a very ordinary day, but it did improve with a short walk to the beach and a hearty roast lamb and vegetable dinner with KJ and Edna, followed by a Tom Hanks movie (Greyhound) on KJ's bigscreen.
![]() |
| A late afternoon walk to the beach to unwind a bit before dinner |

Comments
Post a Comment