Day 62: Sun 19 May 24 - Rockingham - @KJ's
Sun 19 May 24 - Rockingham - @KJ's (Day 18 of a five day stay in Rockingham)
I went to write the blog tonight and realised I didn't take any photos today - the first time in 62 Days. I like to have at least one photo, so I'm borrowing one of KJs photos of me serving dinner.
16 to 27 Deg C, mostly clear with a moderate NE breeze in the morning, easing to a gentle N breeze in the evening. At 08:00am KJ and I drove into Rockingham to the Sunday markets which comprised lots of trash and very little treasure. A quick stroll around and we were soon on our way back home to enjoy Sunday breakfast together on the back deck. Noel was busy baking again today; Banana and Ginger Bread and a Healthy Fruit/Nut Slice, half for us to take with us, and the other half to leave with KJ. Apart from a drive to Port Kennedy to buy ingredients for dinner, and a quick visit to Harvey Norman to buy a small Ninja food processor, we spent most of the day at the house and van. After refuelling the ute late in the afternoon, I set about cooking dinner - Fried Rice with Tofu and Thai herbs. A friend of KJs joined us, and brought individual home-made Coconut Chia custards with fruit and coconut yoghurt for desert. As I write the blog, I am feeling encouraged that the fridge has now gone more than 48hours without blacking out, and after 18 days in Rockingham, we are looking forward to leaving tomorrow on our way north. We don't plan to leave before 09:30 when the city bound traffic normally subsides, and we only plan to travel to Lancelin, about 180km away. We haven't booked anything, so we can remain flexible.
![]() |
| Dinner is served - Fried Rice with Tofu and Thai herbs |

Mate that food looks great . {Just saying}.🤣😜
ReplyDelete